MRV Packet Optical Solution for Mobile Backhaul
What is Mobile Backhaul?
Mobile Backhaul is a new term that includes a spectrum of networks and network technologies, including the Radio Access Network (RAN) and Core Networks. The role of the Backhaul network is to provide end-to-end transport of voice and data traffic between cell site and its mobile switching center.
Mobile Backhaul Challenges
Mobile Operators face an evolution from Circuit-based to Packet-based Mobile NGN services. The challenges of new High-Speed packet access (HSPA) networks fostered by subscriber growth and increased usage of mobile data.
Migration from legacy TDM to NGN cellular network evolves significant challenges for network operators. The compelling economics of Ethernet create massive pressure to move away from E1/T1 TDM transport to packet-based transport for wireless backhaul. However, the migration to Ethernet-based transport requires careful planning on packet data offload and synchronization requirements that enable the real-time and mobility services.
MRV Mobile Backhaul Solution Enables:
- Packet-data offload services for 3G UMTS / HSPA and 4G LTE/WiMAX mobile networks
- Migration from TDM to packet network
- Circuit Emulation Services
- Timing Synchronization — SyncE and PTP 1588
- Traffic mapping to Ethernet Virtual Circuits
- Traffic Management — Hierarchical QoS
- Bandwidth scalability up to 10GE
- Security and line integrity
- Ring-based sub 50ms protection
- Per Service end-to-end OAM
- Point & Click service Pro-Vision®
MRV OptiSwitch® Mobile Backhaul Solution
- OptiSwitch® 9124 Packet Optical Aggregation
- OptiSwitch® 9000 Metro Aggregation Series
- OptiSwitch® 900 Demarcation Series
- OptiSwitch® 904-MBH
- OptiSwitch® 910-M Circuit Emulation Services
- OptiSwitch® 940
- OptiSwitch® 930 10GbE Service Demarcation
- OptiSwitch® 300 Demarcation Series
Metro Ethernet Forum