MegaVision - Network Management System
MegaVision Pro from MRV Communications is a full-featured, SNMP-based network management system (NMS). It provides comprehensive management and control for all MRV manageable products including Fiber Driver®, OptiSwitch®, Media Cross Connect™, LX Series, and LambdaDriver®.
MegaVision Pro combines complete end-to-end network viewing and performance monitoring with robust configuration and fault management features. In addition, MegaVision Pro automatically detects and monitors any SNMP or TCP/IP compliant device from any vendor.
All configuration and monitoring is performed via MegaVision Pro feature-rich graphical user interface (GUI). The MegaVision Pro server operates on all major OS platforms, including any Microsoft Windows OS and multiple flavors of UNIX/LINUX OS (Solaris, Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc.). Using any Java-enabled web browser, a web-based remote management console provides a network administrator with Internet access to the MegaVision Pro server from any location or OS platform. Additionally the MegaVision Pro product includes MegaVisionJ, a multiplatform Java-based software application that can run independently and be used for integration with any other NMS systems such as HP OV NNM running on any OS (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, etc.).
MegaVision Pro may be used to monitor the performance of Layer 7 network services, helping network administrators pinpoint potential bottlenecks. It also offers Layer 2 and Layer 3 management capabilities including support for policies, filters, VLANs, and routing. Other MegaVision Pro features include support for RMON groups 1, 2, 3, and 9, and north-bound interfaces for operations support systems (OSS) integration with TL1, XML, SQL and SNMP interfaces. A standard SQL database is used to keep network management information and history alarm logs.
Starting from v2.34 MegaVision Pro® includes UCLP Application based on MRV Cross-Connect devices. Read more about MegaVision UCLP Application.
You can download MegaVision Configurator, which is mini-MegaVision. This free powerful GUI utility can be used to configure/monitor individual MRV devices. The package also includes MegaVision Pro simulation demo, which allows seeing MegaVision screens without real devices.
For additional details please see MegaVision Pro FAQ.
- Complete management of all MRV product lines
- Ability to add and monitor SNMP or TCP/IP compliant device
- Multiplatform capabilities
- All SNMP versions supported (SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3)
- Rich and friendly GUI available to simultaneous users both locally (at the server) and via remote Web-based console
- Multiple devices monitored and controlled at the same time. Map system allows end-to-end network view and inventory
- TFTP client and server
- RMON groups 1, 2, 3, and 9 GUI supported for any RMON capable devices
- GUI support for many standard and proprietary MIBs
- Full Routing, QoS, VLANs, DiffServ and more GUI -based management
- Embedded Telnet configuration option for non-SNMP compliant devices
- Configurable real-time visual and sound notifications of SNMP traps and alarms
- E-mail notification of traps and alarms
- Alarm logging mechanism for saving alarm history
- Device/Port/Interface performance is displayed in tables and graphs (line, bar, and speedometer graph formats)
- Performance and traffic monitored over a period of time
- Powerful event monitoring with alarm settings and notification
- Service monitor: able to monitor performance of mission-critical Layer-7 network services, such as e-mail, FTP, HTTP and more
- MegaVisionJ - multiplatform Java-based software, which can be used for integration with any other NMS systems
- Full TL1 gateway and TL1-SNMP translation software
- XML north-bound interface and XML-SNMP gateway translation software