White Paper: Deploying Dynamic and Intelligent Optical Networks with ROADMs
An overview of ROADM technology, applications and benefits.
Video Datasheet: MRV’s OptiDriver Platform
This video series introduces MRV’s innovative OptiDriver platform, the latest member of the MRV optical transport and WDM family.
White Paper: Breakeven Analysis of Wavelength Services vs. Leasing Dark Fiber
Examine the implementation of Leasing Dark Fiber vs. Wavelength Services and the breakeven periods for several scenarios.
Application Note: MRV Optical Transport Solutions for Higher Education
Learn how various educational institutions cost-effectively deployed high-bandwidth, campus-wide connections.
MRV offers the largest selection of pluggable optics at any speed, up to 100 Gbps.
Data Center Interconnect
Building Efficient Data Center Interconnect - scale your connectivity to 100Gbps and up to 8Tbps over single fiber
Data centers of all shapes and sizes – including colocation companies, internet exchange centers, web service companies, cloud and content providers, and large enterprises – are seeing an increased demand for flexible bandwidth between locations. Driven by the growing use of streaming video services, enterprise demand for cloud services, as well as the virtualization of data center operations, data center operators are challenged with quickly connecting large campuses with very high bandwidth over regional distances.
In addition to the service bandwidth explosion, data center operators are coming under increased pressure to rapidly scale with energy-efficient, cost-effective network infrastructure. This equipment not only requires small form factors and low energy consumption, but must also enable the data center to maintain low latency, high reliability, survivable connectivity and maintain Service Level Agreements.
MRV Solutions for Data Center Interconnect
MRV’s optical transport Metro solutions are engineered to support this growing demand for data center connectivity using fiber connections between facilities.
These solutions are the optical transport foundation for some of the largest application service providers and data centers in the world. Offering the lowest power consumption and smallest footprint in the industry, these flexible optical platforms meet the needs of diverse applications and scale to support up to 160 DWDM channels over fiber and offer the highest performance and most cost-effective approach to regional data center interconnect.
MRV’s Optical Transport Solutions enable data centers to:
- Reduce rack space and real estate costs by up to 75% with high-density chassis supporting over Terabit of capacity
- Reduce electrical costs for 10G and 100G optical transport with less than 0.7 watts per GigE of bandwidth, resulting in more than 50% electrical cost savings
- Reduce the need for testing equipment, manpower requirements for configuration since the solutions come with built-in testing capabilities
- Speed service turn-up from days to hours with simultaneous testing of all channels
- Maximize resiliency by increasing granularity so transmission issues stay localized
- Support real-time applications with ultra-low latency optical transport
- Support high-availability carrier grade network and system designs
- High-density modular design for optimal and simplified scalability
- Open and programmable solution for Optical SDN